Autism New Jersey at a Glance
Autism New Jersey is the largest statewide network of parents and professionals dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism and their families. The following list summarizes our efforts. Clicking on the links below will take you to additional information about these services:
- Toll-free Information & Referral Line, 800.4-AUTISM, open Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Dissemination of current information about autism-related topics and events.
- Informational publications to educate readers about autism.
- Referral database to link families with service providers.
- Education workshops for parents and other family members of children with autism.
- Up-to-date information on Healthcare and Insurance mandates in New Jersey.
- Promotion of autism awareness to the general public by motivating parents, community members and professionals.
- Community outreach and partnerships to provide autism information to diverse populations and groups.
Autism New Jersey Membership is the best way to stay informed about the happenings in New Jersey’s autism community. Join today and receive our member newsletter, The Beacon, which features newsworthy stories and upcoming events, and highlights inspirational members of the autism community. Members are entitled to a number of other special benefits.
- Professional resources provides education and support for teachers and other professionals responsible for educating and caring for children and adults with autism.
- Annual Conference, one of the largest of its kind in the nation, with more than 1,400 attendees.
- Know your Rights! Advocacy services provide information on laws, regulations, government policy, education rights and programs to help families of individuals with autism of all ages advocate for themselves.
- Education of legislators and state officials about issues that affect New Jersey’s autism community to ensure that the needs of our constituents are addressed.
“No question has been too small or problem too big in the hands and hearts of Autism New Jersey. The agency has educated and empowered us to properly advocate for our son and his needs.”